Thursday, September 9, 2010

When life gives me green tomatoes...

...I Google "green tomato recipes"! Only one of my early girl tomatoes has ripened this year since we've had a late, chilly summer. Other than breading and frying them, I wasn't sure what to do with my green tomato bounty.

I'm trying very hard to stay positive lately despite a couple of curve balls that have come my way. Some days I'm more successful than others.

Today, I am determined to practically ooze positivity, and now I've got 6 green tomato recipes to try and veganize. I'll keep you updated on the results. I hope I have enough green tomatoes!

Sweet Green Tomato pie (like apple pie?)

Savory Summer Tomato pie

Green Tomato Bread

Green Tomato Rice

Spiced Green Tomato Cake

Green Tomato Salsa

Maybe I should plan a green tomato potluck!

No comments:

Post a Comment