Sunday, September 26, 2010

gluten-free vegan recipes?

My very sweet boyfriend appears to be allergic to gluten. He's been gluten-free for a couple of weeks now, and his belly has been feeling much better. However, we aren't finding too many places that serve vegan, gluten-free fare (thank heavens for corn tortillas and thai food!), so I see a lot more cooking in my future.

That's a-ok with me, I've been meaning to get back on the cooking at home bandwagon and I love trying new recipes and science experiments in the kitchen. I'm going to stock up on rice flour this weekend. Expect to see a lot more recipes from me on this blog as I attempt to make my vegan favorites gluten-free. And if you have suggestions or tips, send them my way. I picked up a copy of Flying Apron's Gluten-free and Vegan baking book at Powell's yesterday and The Gluten-Free Vegan is in my Amazon cart.

First cooking challenge? What to make and pack for camping for 5 days in Big Sur?

No comments:

Post a Comment