Friday, May 22, 2009

deep fried...

Normally, I am of the opinion that everything tastes better deep fried. Potatoes, tofu, and even oreos are all better battered and fried. I do think frying can be taken to extremes (my ex deep fried a gas station donut that already contained over 50% of the recommended daily allowance of saturated fat before it's trip to the fry daddy!), but deep fried asparagus sounded like a great idea to me.

After a trip to Burgerville, I'm surprised to say I was wrong. Golden fried asparagus was kind of tasteless and very chewy and hot grease spewed out of each tough stalk as I tried to gnaw through it. It is definitely not a food I'd recommend eating while driving. Turns out I prefer my asparagus roasted with garlic or sauteed with lemon and pepper, which is how I intend to eat it tonight.

Happy Memorial Day weekend! I'm going to Eugene tomorrow to cheer on the Rosebuds at their rematch against the Gems!

No comments:

Post a Comment