Friday, August 22, 2008

Dirty Dancing in the park

Watching a movie outside in the park was on my list of things to do this summer.
Check!

Last night Vixen, Miz, Leia, and I packed wine, sour patch kids, kettle corn, melon, and sodas with names like "Strawberry Cherry Escape" and "Orange Explosion!" and set up camp in Colonel Summers Park to see a screening of that 80's classic, Dirty Dancing. It was even better than I remembered. And I'm a girl who owns the movie on VHS and has the soundtrack on vinyl, so I remember it pretty darn well.

GMT couldn't make it, but she did share her favorite quote:
"I carried a watermelon."

The quote that really stuck out to me last night was:
"You don't know these people. They are mean and they are rich."

And of course, my all time favorite Dirty Dancing quote:
"Nobody puts Baby in a corner".

It suddenly seems like everyone I know secretly has a favorite quote from this movie. I think there must be some good derby names hidden in the dialog, but I haven't come up with any yet. I mean Dirty Dancer is good, but not very clever. Baby Ina Corner? Not very tough. Plus, she's not supposed to be in the corner, right? Penny Pachenga? Maybe not. I'm going to mull it over.

No comments:

Post a Comment