Thursday, August 21, 2008

another vegan recipe

I bought a house in NoPo this summer, and B and The Bus and I all moved in together. I'm learning a lot about boys. It's like going to a drive-thru safari where you can watch the animals in their natural state (not that a drive thru zoo is anything like the jungle or sahara where wild animals should be living, but you see what I'm getting at here).

I am stunned by the things B will eat. Stunned.

I'll admit I'm a little crazy when it comes to condiments. Some even say I have a condiment phobia just because I *really* don't like mustard, mayo, ketchup, relish, or any those other traditional all-American toppings. I think that's taking it a little far. But given my general dislike of all things condiment related, you can imagine my absolute horror when B came home from work the other night and mixed:

cooked spaghetti
garlic
nutritional yeast
margarine
(okay, I'm with him so far, I like the occasional helping of improvised ghetto vegan easy mac, but he lost me at...)
yellow mustard
hot sauce
fresh sage, oregano, dill, and basil all blended together in the food processor

I think there may have been vegenaise thrown in there for good measure, but by that point I had bolted into the living room.

So gross. I couldn't even kiss him good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment