Tuesday, April 15, 2008

on pins and needles


On a slightly non-derby related note, I got acupuncture for the first time last night.

Jason, who is a friend of Rocket Mean's, is also a massage therapist and acupuncturist, and he's generously offered to poke and prod at the GnR for free.

I thought it might help my knee, so I gave him a call. I learned that
1. The needles are teeny tiny, and they don't hurt
2. I'm not as ticklish as I thought
3. I apparently have a very sweet spirit

Or at least that's what Jason said. It was very interesting and relaxing, and so so nice of him to help a derby girl out.

The very best thing he gave me was Topricin. It's a homeopathic anti-inflammatory pain relief cream, it's totally vegan, and so far it is like heaven in a jar. My knee feels lots better today. Tiger balm and arnica are shaking in their boots.
PS- That's not really me in the photo, I borrowed it from google images. Please don't sue me. It'd be hard to take photos with a needle in my forehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment