Monday, December 14, 2009

Did I mention I went to Iceland?

Yes, it's true. I went on a whirlwind adventure to the land of ice and snow and geothermal plants earlier this month.

I tried to take lots of pictures, but most of them turned out like this:


It was incredibly beautiful there. My digital photos don't really do it justice. The sun rose around 10:30am and set by 3:30pm, which made picture taking a challenge.

I ventured into No Man's Land, which is the crack between the North American and Eurasian Tectonic plates. It's growing by 2.5 cm every year!

I also saw really cold, really spectacular, really icy waterfalls.

And I saw my first geyser!! AMAZING!

My very favorite place in Iceland was the Blue Lagoon. It was snowing while I was in the hot springs, and there were snowflakes stuck to my eyelashes, but I didn't feel cold. It was completely surreal.

I also learned how to play backgammon. And I tried something called Black Death from the duty free shop. I don't like it much.

It was a very memorable trip. I want to go back in the summer time.

No comments:

Post a Comment