Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Whip It *spoiler alert*

Spoiler alert! If you are going to see Whip It and can't already guess the ending and don't want to know what happens, don't read this blog post!

So I was lucky enough to attend a preview of Whip It with some of my fellow Rose City Rollers last night. We laughed, we clapped, Malice cried, we passed out flyers for try outs and our October bouts. It's a cute little movie, I heart Ellen Page, and I thought it was a fairly realistic portrayal of banked tracked derby, based on the one TXRD bout I saw in Austin. I'd recommend it.

But I can't help wondering what's going to happen to sweet little Babe Ruthless in a year or two. What happens after she moves to Austin to play roller derby and blows out her knee at practice or damages her rotator cuff at a bout? Is Whip It 2 going to be about her post-surgery physical therapy? I love derby, but I'm not sure this is a good life plan, Ruthless...

Can you tell my own physical therapy hasn't been going well? It's been 17 1/2 weeks since I've skated. I'm getting cranky.

1 comment:

  1. The sequel idea is great. Did you think it was weird they didn't mention the smelly pads thing at all? Those girls didn't sweat a drop.

    ReplyDelete