Thursday, March 26, 2009

tax time hat


When my dad was here last month, we worked on my taxes together. While he was going through my paperwork and filling out some forms, I started knitting this hat using Wool of the Andes Bulky hand dyed in Galaxy and Kim's Hat pattern from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts.

I've never thought of myself as a purple person, but I love this colorway. I used it around Christmas time to knit this hat for my sister.


The spiraling stripe looked really cute on her, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted for my hat, so I doubled up the yarn to break up the pooling and knit it on size 11 needles. It knit up so fast that I was done with the hat before my dad was finished with my taxes!

I've put the finishing touches on it now. It's still been cold enough here that I have been getting some use out of it already...



I'm also really excited about Knit Picks' new Comfy Bulky, I think I might use Blackberry to knit a scarf or cowl to match. It's so so soft. Although, hopefully spring is just around the corner and I won't need a scarf anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment