Friday, February 20, 2009

so very tired

Dad kicked into marathon mode last night as his 7am flight crept closer and closer. He was still up and sawing away at closet doors when my alarm clock went off at 5am. The fruits of all that labor are amazing. We now have-
a guest room:

a music room:

a laundry room:

doors:

and even a couple of closets!:

I wish we'd gotten more time to hang out, but I really, really appreciate all the work he did. As a totally inadequate thank you, I made him a little pocket sized blueberry pie to eat on the plane.

I just mixed 1 cup frozen blueberries with 2 Tbsp corn starch, a squirt of lemon juice, 1/2 cup sugar, and a pinch of salt. Then I pressed pie crust into cupcake tins, topped it with the blueberry mixture, crumbled more pie crust on top and baked at 425 for 20 minutes.

Goodbye dad! Thank you!! We'll miss you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment