Monday, November 24, 2008

Johnny Applesauce

One of my favorite breakfasts this fall has been this very simple, very yummy applesauce "recipe" that I got from Vixen's sweetie, Johnny. Johnny didn't have an actual recipe because it is just that easy to make, so Vixen made him write down what he does. It's worked like a charm. Here's what you do:

Peel and chop apples (as many as you want)
Put apples in a pot with about a cup of water
Add some cinnamon
Bring the water to a boil
Turn the heat down and simmer until the apples get soft

I like mine with big apple chunks, but I suppose you could cook it down to mush if you wanted. I like to eat it warm with a cup of coffee. Thanks Johnny!

On Thanksgiving I'm having vegan Thanksgiving dinner at Johnny's and Vixen and I are going to watch the parade and make Thanksgiving themed crafts. I'm still researching possible craft projects if you have any suggestions. I'm bringing the mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment