Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Election Day!

This is my first presidential election in Oregon. Since I rarely bother to actually *read* my mail, I didn't realize I was supposed to mail my vote in. I had to drop it off at a drop box outside a Goodwill on my way home from practice Sunday night. I must say, it's a little anti-climatic when you don't go to the polls to cast your vote. You don't even get a little "I voted" sticker. I suppose the upside is you don't have to wait in line for 4 hours to vote either. So all in all, I guess it's a pretty good system. Maybe they could insert an "I voted" sticker in the ballots they mail out, then I'd be 100% satisfied.

Knox cheered me up yesterday when she gave me this button though.

It says "Roller Girls for Obama". Awesome. Way better than a little red and blue sticker.

I'm going to meet up with Knox and a couple of other derby girls later tonight at Kay's to watch the election results. Fingers crossed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment