Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Crash Course Quilting

Did you know bobbins come in different sizes? I didn't. The world of quilts is a strange and mysterious place indeed.

Last night Karen and Judy showed me how to wind a bobbin and thread the needle on my mom's Elna 1010 (it's mine now). So now I'm zipping along again on this t-shirt quilt I started over 4 years ago! It was inspired by Generation T, but I was sewing it by hand while I watched old episodes of Friends I hadn't seen yet. When I finished the series, the quilt got sidelined. But now it's back on the bench with only 3 rows to go.

Here's what I've got planned:


Today I edited a script about making your own binding for a video tutorial, so maybe by the time I finish the top, I'll know what to do next (or at least I can figure it out by watching YouTube!)

No comments:

Post a Comment