Monday, October 13, 2008

Pumpkin patch!

One of my very favorite things to do in the fall is carve pumpkins.
This was my pumpkin two years ago (Mom was visting and she helped!)
halloween 2006 2

And this was my jack-o-lantern last year.
cat jackolantern

Of course, in order to make a jack-o-lantern, you obviously need a pumpkin, and even though I had to cut back some of the vines in my out of control backyard pumpkin patch this weekend, I don't think this little guy is going to be ready in time for Halloween.
My first pumpkin

So B and I headed out to Sauvie Island this weekend to pick pumpkins. I insisted we take the hayride out to the real pumpkin patch. B was not enthused.
Pumpkin picking
He claimed it was because he'd only had one cup of coffee before we left that morning.

We both got excited when we got to the actual patch though. It was huge! There were so many to choose from!
Pumpkin picking

There was one that looked like Siamese twins on one side and a butt on the other side. I wish I'd taken a picture. That was my front runner for quite a while, but in the end I picked this one for me, and the small, white, wart-y one for the Bus.
Pumpkin picking

Look how happy the Bus was when we brought his pumpkin home.
The Bus and his pumpkin

B said Analog didn't get a pumpkin this year because she's been naughty (see my previous post about her run in with toilet paper for an example), but I'm secretly going to share my pumpkin with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment