Monday, October 20, 2008

As promised...

Here are some photos from the party Friday night.

I modeled my apple hat for B before the guests arrived...
Apples to Apples

And he helped me spike the cider.
Apples to Apples

Our secret ingredients were Pyrat Rum and Triple Sec.
Apples to Apples

There's only one piece of this pie left today. I made vegan cinnamon ice cream to go with it, the recipe is posted below.
Apples to Apples

Aiden was my partner when we started off the night. There were too many people to play individually, we split into 2-3 person teams.
Apples to Apples

We were off to a pretty good start, we won neglected and filthy, but once his favorite card of all time, "girlfriends" didn't win, he deserted me for fairer company.
Aiden and the ladies
I wish the photo wasn't so dark. My camera died down before the party did.

Here's that recipe:
Vegan Cinnamon Ice Cream
3 cups soy creamer (I used Trader Joe's brand)
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
Whisk ingredients together, chill. Pour into ice cream maker. Turn it off after 20 minutes.

So easy and yummy! I like to mix strawberries into cinnamon ice cream, it sounds like a weird combination, but I think it is ice cream Cindy Lauper would like to eat.

Do you think my hat could pose as a strawberry hat in the summer? Or is decidedly an apple?
Apples to Apples hat

No comments:

Post a Comment