Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Good intentions

I started out with the best of intentions. I thought I could find time to blog everyday. Honestly I did. But then... well... I got this idea that maybe I could afford a house, and I was easily seduced by other web sites like craigslist, my trulia, and finally rmls.com. I ignored you, dear derby blog, and I'm sorry.

I've come to my senses. I'm back. Baby, please give me another chance.

While I was away, I still ate lots and lots of protein. I even cooked a little- look!



Here's a lasagna with soy cheese, spinach, whole grain noodles, morningstar crumbles, and basil and tomato sauce. I'd estimate there were 80 or so grams in the whole thing. Not that I ate it in one sitting, but I could have. It was delicious.



And here's my loaf of bread that reminds me of the Rolling Stones logo. Pucker up! I kneaded it.






And here are some cupcakes, they're raspberry lemon with a raspberry jam filling and a lemon glaze and crystalized lemon verbena leaves and raspberries on top. The recipe was adapted from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World. I think they could too if they weren't a bit mushy.



And here are the potato skins I promised myself. 41 grams of protein!







I also made the ultimate vegan derby girl cookies. They were oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip with an added hit of protein powder for an additional 10 grams of protein to boot. I didn't take a picture of them. Frankly, they weren't much to look at. But Pain and Cuft N Stuft liked them.
If you'll forgive me maybe I'll whip up a batch for you. Can blogs eat cookies?

No comments:

Post a Comment