Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pesto Party!

I have a ton of sage growing in my front yard. Sage is one of those flavors that definitely tastes like fall to me. So I decided since it's November, I should use it to make something. I found this recipe online for Walnut Sage Pesto at Epicurious.com. I didn't have any walnuts on hand, but I had pecans I wanted to use up, so I substituted pecans for walnuts. I also used nutritional yeast instead of Parmesan. And I didn't use parsley. I guess I'm not very good at following recipes. :) But it does taste delicious! Here's my version:

1/3 cup chopped fresh sage
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 teaspoon salt
1 cup pecans, toasted
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
a little water, just enough to get desired consistency

Throw it all in the blender and blend until smooth. Serve over pasta.

I think it would also be great in a bread pudding or stuffing.

No comments:

Post a Comment