Monday, July 6, 2009

Raspberry parfait recipe

I didn't get around to making freezer jam, but I did make ice cream and a parfait, and since the parafait got the Knox/Cher the Pain/Mrs. Cher the Pain seal of approval, I'll tell you how I made it. It couldn't be easier.

Ingredients:
Raspberry sauce (from Vegan Brunch cookbook- basically 4 cups of berries, some water, a little sugar, and a thickening agent)
cookies or leftover coffee cake (that's what I used)
instant jello pudding (Chocolate Fudge and many other flavors are vegan)
soy milk/creamer
fresh raspberries and chocolate chips for garnish.

First I mixed the instant jello pudding mix according to the directions on the box, but I used 1 cup soy creamer and 1 cup soy milk instead of cow milk. If you omit the creamer, just use 1 1/2 cups of soy milk instead of 2 so your pudding isn't too runny. Chill.

While the pudding is chilling, crumble up the cookies or coffee cake in the bottom of a glass bowl and press it so it kind of sticks together a little, like a crust. If you feel fancy, you could use individual cups or glasses, but I had to transport this concoction to a BBQ, so I used a bowl. Pour the raspberry sauce on top. Layer pudding on top of the raspberry sauce. Garnish with raspberries, cookie/cake crumbs, and chocolate chips (Ghiradelli semi-sweet are vegan as are Fred Myer's generic and organic brands). YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment