Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I don't know my bust size

Every season, I make a list of things I want to do. This season's list included knitting my first sweater. Now it's almost the middle of November, and I haven't even picked out a pattern or purchased the yarn, so I've accepted that sweater knitting might have to be transferred to the winter list. I'm okay with that. Knitting sweaters is a winter-y thing to do, and I did everything else on this year's fall list including:

-dress up for Halloween and carve pumpkins
-go to the cabin
-bike or skate Marine Dr.
-go to the corn maize
-drink apple cider

...and a couple of other things I seem to have forgotten, but definitely did.

But since November's not totally over yet, this morning I thought knitting a sweater might not be a total lost cause, and if I start and don't finish it by the end of the month, at least I have a leg up on winter's list, right? I've learned many valuable skills this fall that will be helpful in knitting a sweater like knitting ribbing, knitting two at a time (for sleeves), and knitting miles and miles of stockinette in the round, so I feel ready. Scouring Ravelry and knitting blogs for the perfect pattern brought on today's big epiphany- I don't know my bust size. Is that the same as your bra size? I see a measuring tape in my near future.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Angela,
    This is Kate from work. When I first started knitting sweaters, the hardest thing was figuring out how to make them fit me. To figure out your bust size, measure the chest of an existing sweater that fits you well.

    I'd recommend knitting a top down raglan sweater because that way, you can try it on as you go. "Custom Knits," "Fitted Knits," and "Glam Knits" all have cute and easy to knit sweaters.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete